Unsung Sheroes: Call for Visual and Literary Art Submissions
We are One Woman. You cry and I hear you.
We are One Woman. You hurt, and I hurt, too.
We are One Woman. Your hopes are mine.
We shall shine.
– Official song of UN Women, 2015
Who is YOUR “Unsung Shero”? Are there any amazing women in your life who have had a tremendous impact on who you are today? Is it your mother, grandmother, sister, daughter, teacher, or best friend? Is there someone who does not often get recognized for her contributions to the world around her?
In celebration of International Women’s Day on March 8, 2015, Scarborough Arts is pleased to recognize and celebrate the amazing women among us throughout the month of March with a series of events that are informative, motivational, and exciting, including a collection of literary pieces and visual artworks with the theme, “Unsung Sheroes.”
Open to Scarborough Arts members and non-members, we invite you to send us your visual arts pieces in all mediums and/or literary pieces that are sensitive and relative to the theme “Unsung Sheroes.”
The “Unsung Sheroes” exhibit will take place at The Bluffs Gallery and online on our website from March 9 to 21, 2015. The submission guidelines are as follows:
- Visual artworks in all mediums (painting, ceramics, illustration, textile, installation, sculpture, film & video, new media, etc.) for our physical exhibition at The Bluffs Gallery:
- The deadline to submit to our visual arts exhibition has passed. Submissions will no longer be accepted.
- Literary submissions (poems, short stories, etc.) that eloquently tell us who your “Unsung Shero” is, for our website at scarborougharts.com:
- Please send your submissions in a Word document to exhibit [at] scarborougharts [dot] com and include a completed Application Form (Literary Art).
- Submissions will be accepted on an ongoing basis throughout March. All submissions will be reviewed by a group of jurors before publication.
Each artist or writer may submit up to two (2) separate pieces of work for consideration. Please include a completed Application Form with your visual art submission or literary art submission. If you are submitting to both, please have one Application Form for each.
For more information, please contact Susan at 416-698-7322 or email exhibit [at] scarborougharts [dot] com.