The Scarborough Sign Selfie Contest
August 1 – 27, 2018
Bridlewood Mall, 2900 Warden Avenue
August 1 – 10
Thomson Memorial Park, 1005 Brimley Road
August 11 – 15
This August, Scarborough Arts presents The Scarborough Sign Selfie Contest! Get those selfie sticks ready as we are on the hunt for Scarborough’s Most Creative Selfie. Showcase your Scarborough pride—take a selfie with The Scarborough Sign and get a chance to win some amazing prize packages!
HOW IT WORKS / HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Head out to Bridlewood Mall (August 1–10) or to Thomson Memorial Park (August 11–15) and strike your most creative pose with The Scarborough Sign as your background. Surprise us!
- Upload the photo on your Facebook page and/or your Instagram page using the hashtag #MyScarborough.
- Up to ten (10) finalists will be shortlisted for public voting on Facebook and Instagram.
- The top 3 photos with the most “Likes” across Facebook and Instagram combined wins!
– Contest runs August 1 to 19
– Up to ten (10) finalists will be chosen on August 19
– Public voting takes place on Facebook and Instagram from August 20 to 24
– Winners chosen on August 26
– Winners invited to the Awards Ceremony on August 27 as part of The Scarborough Sign Burrows Hall event with RISE Edutainment
— $200 / $100 / $50 gift cards from Scarborough Town Centre
— $100 gift card from Smith Bros. Steakhouse Tavern
— VIP tickets to the Toronto International Dance Festival (valued at over $100)
— Gift cards from Starbucks, The Birchliff, and The Great Escape Bookstore
— Books from award-winning Scarborough-based writers Catherine Hernandez and Daniel Scott Tysdal
ABOUT THE SCARBOROUGH SIGN
The Scarborough Sign is a community-developed public art initiative that showcases and brings together Scarborough’s many artistic communities through events, workshops, and a mobile art installation.
From June to October 2018, a life-sized SCARBOROUGH sign (36’ wide x 5’ tall) will travel to six different neighbourhoods across north and central Scarborough. At each location, the sign will engage local residents in multi-disciplinary arts events, accessible workshops, and site-specific art activities involving different art forms from textile arts, spoken word and poetry, calligraphy, and photography. All activities are free and open to the public.
The Scarborough Sign is produced in partnership with the City of Toronto’s Cultural Hotspot project.