Scarborough Arts is Hiring a Development Coordinator – Fundraising and Community Relations
ABOUT SCARBOROUGH ARTS
Scarborough Arts (SA), founded in 1978, is a not-for-profit organization, serves the Scarborough community through innovative arts and culture programs for citizens of all ages. We work to build the community’s artistic vibrancy and excellence through programs and events that focus on collaboration, community and celebration. Our mission is to bring arts to the community and community to the arts!
This is an exciting time at Scarborough Arts as the organization leaps into the new year of programs, community partnerships, and major public festivals and events across Scarborough and on SA grounds. We are looking for a a Development Coordinator—Fundraising and Community Relations to help Scarborough Arts build a vibrant artistic prosperity in order to advance strategic objectives.
While we get set to host and present exciting local and international events (5th Annual Scarborough Worldwide Film Festival (June 6th to 11th), Alive With Art (August 2017), exhibitions, and cultural start-up programs), Scarborough Arts’ team plays a vital role in shaping Scarborough as an artistic hub, while supporting the community in way that reflects the current and future needs of the region.
The position of Development Coordinator—Fundraising and Community Relations, reports to the Executive Director and works closely with other team members. The position will be responsible for a number of strategic initiatives including: diversifying funding streams; identifying and building new business prospects and relationships; grant research, evaluation and writing; membership stewardship; growing and sustaining community partnerships; and working closely with a small team to strengthen arts within the Scarborough community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibilities will fall under 2 key development categories:
Fundraising and Sponsorship
- Develop and secure new and additional funding streams to increase the impact and financial sustainability of programs and long-term organizational initiatives
- Seek in-kind support, corporate sponsorships, project grants, awards, and donations that allow for program capacity building.
- Research government, foundation and corporate funding programs that match Scarborough Arts’ mandate
- Cooperatively develop and administer an effective program of donor stewardship
- Development, oversight and coordination of Scarborough Arts Fund Development Plan to meet organizational funding target
- Develop and manage a database to track all outgoing applications and incoming funding; track obligations/benefits to funders; update and track the organizational funding deadlines/reporting deadlines calendar
- For partner and sponsor renewals, analyze and make recommendations regarding pricing and benefits
- Preparation and management of 2018 Special Projects (40th Anniversary, and others)
Membership and Community Relations and Outreach
- Develop relationships with external organizations, community groups, partners, funders, members, individual artists, and donors to assist Scarborough Arts in fulfilling its mission and Strategic Plan
- Together with the Executive Director work on a membership strategy that will have a greater impact on the current members, while broadening its appeal and benefits for the general public
- Liaison with current, potential and new members year round, handling inquiries and database to track membership participation, questions, and overall implement the updated structure and model of the membership program
- Represent the organization at external and partner community events as needed
- Work as part of the team to design and develop new and existing programming initiatives
- Implement processes that adhere to ethical and confidentiality guidelines.
- Attend and/or oversee evening/weekend events and programs as required
- Other administrative or operational duties as required
- Related post-secondary education, preferably in the area of community development, cultural and arts management studies, and/or business management
- 3+ years of development and sponsorship or relevant experience.
- 2+ years in cultural development and community arts in the area of servicing, support, and project delivery
- Proven track record in securing macro and micro one time or long term funding, through government grants, foundations, local donations, major sponsorship
- Exceptional writing skills with knowledge and experience in preparing and writing government, corporate and foundation grants, reports and proposals (preferably in the fields of community & interdisciplinary arts, arts education, social responsibility).
- Experience in the non-for-profit charitable sector, with knowledge how charities operate.
- Experience preparing and delivering presentations to achieve results.
- Imaginative, creative and ability to represent Scarborough Arts within the community
- Excellent organizational skills, with attention to detail. Effective time-management and multi-tasking skills are a very strong asset for this position
- Solid negotiation skills and knowledge of contract building.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strategic thinking, a commitment to professional ethics.
- Experience with Microsoft office and Google programs. Familiarity with fundraising software is an asset.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with and within diverse communities and organizations
- Access to a vehicle is an asset
- Adaptable to a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends
- Passion for all things arts and an entrepreneurial spirit
Contract: 1 year full time (with a possibility of renewal) – Starting late June/early July, 2017
HOW TO APPLY:
1.) Apply with a cover letter, resume, and 2 references attached as ONE PDF or Word file.
2.) Save attachment as FIRST_NAME_LAST_NAME_Development
3.) Send by email to name and title, with ” Development Coordinator” in the subject line to email@example.com by 5pm – June 5th, 2017
4.) Please also note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting
Thank you to all those that apply, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential. Scarborough Arts is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all those who fit the outline of the job, to apply by due date.
Sergei Petrov, Scarborough Arts Executive Director