Call for Applications: SA Together Residency Program for Art Groups and Collectives 2017
APPLICATION FORM: http://bit.ly/2s277Lj
DEADLINE: August 22, 2017
SA Together is a year-long residency program by Scarborough Arts designed to support Scarborough’s local art and culture groups, social and educational collectives, and non-for-profit collectives and organizations. The program offers capacity-enhancing tools while building stronger connections between collectives through resource-sharing and by working together.
This is the second year of Scarborough Arts’ SA Together Residency Program. The inaugural group of SA Together residents include Frances Potts, MVDHOUSE, Pulari Collective, Sweat Stain Collective, and the Wave Art Collective. Read more about them here.
PROGRAM OUTLINE & HIGHLIGHTS
Scarborough Arts is excited to announce a call for applicants. Selected groups will be offered:
- Use of the Scarborough Arts space including the SA Bluffs Gallery and the Randall Starr Board Room
- Up to $500 in fees to the group’s individual missions through their planned programs and events during the run of the residency program from October 2017 to September 2018.
- Be highlighted in our monthly newsletter, featured on our SA website, and receive additional social media and PR support from Scarborough Arts.
- All groups will be invited to attend professional development workshops focusing on different aspects of running a successful non-profit.
- Independent artist collectives, cultural ad-hoc groups, and registered non-profit and/or charitable organizations operating in Scarborough are eligible to apply. Groups/collectives from Toronto/Markham/Durham regions are also eligible if their projects/initiatives are 50% situated in Scarborough
- Groups of all arts and cultural disciplines are welcome to apply (media, visual, design, movement, multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary arts, performing, literacy, experimental and ‘out of the box art’, and others)
- Groups in all stages of conception (start-ups, more established) are all eligible
- Groups must have a lead representative who is 18 years of age or older
- Groups, collectives, and organizations must have a minimum 3 people in their collective
- Groups, collectives, and organizations have to operate on a non-profit basis
APPLICATION SUPPORT MATERIALS
Applicants are required to submit all of the following:
- A completed online Application Form (click HERE) and a Letter of Intent outlining why you are applying for this program and the goals for your participation. In this letter, please also outline the major challenge that you faced in the past and that you hope this program will help you to overcome. Additionally, provide some indication of one major success your group has had to date, and how this residency would support your continued achievements. (Maximum 1000 words)
- Please send all support materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be reviewed by a selection committee. The selection committee is comprised of representatives from Scarborough Arts, local cultural partners, and the SA Advisory Board. A maximum of 10 applicants will be chosen for the SA Together program, keeping in mind that they fall under the eligibility criteria, fully complete the application process, and fall in line with the artistic vision and goals of the program.
NOTIFICATION OF RESULTS
Groups/collectives/organizations that are accepted into the SA Together program will be notified by the end of August 2017, with public announcement on September 2017.
ABOUT SCARBOROUGH ARTS
Scarborough Arts is a non-profit charitable organization serving the Scarborough community through innovative arts and cultural programs for citizens of all ages. Our mission is to bring arts to the community and the community to the arts.