Commemorate! Black History Month: Call for Submissions — Deadline Extended!
The deadline has been extended to tomorrow, Wednesday, January 28 at noon!
This year for Black History Month, Scarborough Arts is asking you to Commemorate!
For our February Bluffs Gallery exhibition, members and non-members are invited to submit visual art pieces that commemorate and honour the legacy of black Canadians, past and present, the African Diaspora, and its culture and traditions. Submit and Commemorate! Black History Month with Scarborough Arts.
We want to present an immersive, multi-media exhibition and so submissions in all visual arts mediums are eligible. Send us the most imaginative and potent expressions of your culture!
Here are the submission guidelines:
- Scarborough Arts members and non-members of all ethnic backgrounds are invited to submit pieces that are sensitive to and relate to the theme, Commemorate!
- As submissions will be juried, we ask that you send us digital images of your artworks in jpeg format, each not exceeding 72 dpi and 1 MB. Please do not submit original pieces of artwork with your initial application.
- Each artist may submit up to two (2) separate pieces of artwork for consideration.
- Please include a completed Application Form (which you can download here) with your submission.
- Submissions can be mailed or delivered in person to our office at 1859 Kingston Road or emailed to exhibit [at] scarborougharts [dot] com.
For the complete list of submission guidelines, please refer to the Application Form.
The deadline to send us your submission is Wednesday, January 28 at noon. Late submissions will not be accepted.
If your work is chosen for the exhibition, it must be hang- and/or display-ready (framed, wired, etc.) at the time of drop-off on Tuesday, February 3 and Wednesday, February 4, from 9 am to 5 pm. Any work that is not ready to be hung and/or displayed will not be exhibited.
For more information, please contact Susan at 416-698-7322 or email exhibit [at] scarborougharts [dot] com.
The exhibit runs from Friday, February 6 to Wednesday, March 4, 2015.