Call for Submissions: Access & Accessibilities
This fall, Scarborough Arts wants to initiate an inclusive and thought-provoking conversation about art and disabilities with Access & Accessabilities, a new exhibition at the Bluffs Gallery. We want you to take part in this conversation by submitting pieces that thoughtfully explore accessibility issues and disabilities visually and in any visual medium — whether drawing, painting, sculpture, design, crafts, photography or video. We encourage all artists of all abilities to submit.
The deadline to send us your application is Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at 5 pm. Late entries will not be considered.
Please read the following submission guidelines:
- Scarborough Arts members and non-members are invited to submit works that relate and are sensitive to the upcoming exhibition, Access & Accessibilities, a thought-provoking visual conversation around disability arts.
- Applications must include a maximum of two (2) artworks for consideration AND a completed Application Form (download in PDF or in Word).
- As submissions are curated, please submit images of your works in jpeg format, each not exceeding 72 dpi and 1 MB.
- Please email your submissions to exhibit [at] scarborougharts [dot] com on or before the deadline on October 7 at 5 pm.
- If your work is chosen for Access & Accessibilities, it must be hang-ready at the scheduled time of drop-off on Wednesday, October 14 and Thursday, October 15 from 9 AM to 5 PM at the Bluffs Gallery.
For more information, please contact us at exhibit [at] scarborougharts [dot] com or at 416-698-7322.
The exhibition runs from October 19 to November 23, 2015 at the Bluffs Gallery.