Call for Member Submissions: Bright Flight: An Exploration of Spring & Colour
Spring into action with Scarborough Arts!
As the season warms up and new life begins to sprout, Scarborough Arts aims to invigorate The Bluffs Gallery with a flourishing display of light and colour. And so, for our April exhibit, Scarborough Arts is inviting its members to submit visual and media arts pieces which illuminate the theme, Bright Flight: An Exploration of Spring and Colour. Members are asked to submit pieces which amplify the excitement of the spring season via colour, texture, and content. As we want to present an immersive, multi-media exhibition, submissions in all visual arts mediums are eligible. Send us your most brilliant and striking expressions of the spring season!
Here are the submission guidelines:
- Scarborough Arts members are invited to submit visual and media arts piece/s that relate to the theme Bright Flight: An Exploration of Spring and Colour.
- As submissions will be juried, we ask that you send us digital images of your artworks in jpeg format, each not exceeding 72 dpi and 1 MB. Please do not submit original pieces of artwork with your initial application.
- Each artist may submit up to two (2) separate pieces of artwork for consideration.
- Please include a completed Application Form (which you can download here) with your submission.
- Submissions can be mailed or delivered in person to our office at 1859 Kingston Road or emailed to exhibit [at] scarborougharts [dot] com.
For the complete list of submission guidelines, please refer to the Application Form.
The deadline to send us your submission is Monday, March 23, 2015 at 5 PM. Late submissions will not be accepted.
If your work is chosen for the exhibition, it must be hang- and/or display-ready (framed, wired, etc.) at the time of drop-off on Tuesday, March 31 to Wednesday, April 1, from 9 am to 5 pm. Any work that is not ready to be hung and/or displayed will not be exhibited.
For more information, please contact Susan at 416-698-7322 or email exhibit [at] scarborougharts [dot] com.
The exhibit runs from Tuesday, April 7 to Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at The Bluffs Gallery, 1859 Kingston Road.
There will be an Opening Reception on Friday, April 10, from 6 to 8 pm at The Bluffs Gallery.