Call for Board of Directors — Scarborough Arts
ABOUT SCARBOROUGH ARTS
Our mission is connect arts to the community and the community to the arts.
Scarborough Arts is a not-for-profit organization that has been serving the community through the arts since 1978. Scarborough Arts develops, delivers and promotes arts programming and cultural initiatives in collaboration and partnership with the communities of Scarborough. We are one of only six Local Arts Service Organizations funded directly by the City of Toronto, however our programming is also supported via numerous other grants, local partnerships, and our members.
The Board of Directors provides strategic leadership, establishes policy, and oversees the operations and financial performance of Scarborough Arts. In addition to regular business, in the coming year our board will help tackle exciting initiatives such as:
– Collaborating and setting the 2017-2020 Strategic Plan
– Increasing internal organizational effectiveness
– Increasing our reach in the community through our programs and services
– Long-term planning and visioning beyond 2020
ROLE DESCRIPTION AND COMMITMENT
Play a key role in shaping this historic organization that has served Scarborough residents and the City of Toronto for close to 40 years!
It is an exciting time at Scarborough Arts as the organization continues to grow, evolve and service the growing population of the region. As a member of the Board of Directors, your experience, professional expertise, and passion will allow Scarborough Arts to reach the next level of operation.
The required commitment for the Director position are as follows:
– The ability to serve for a minimum of two (2) years, starting in November 2017
– Attend bi-monthly board meetings in person
– Serve on the Board and one or more of its sub-committees
– Represent and advocate for Scarborough Arts in Scarborough and across the Toronto area
The Nomination Committee is particularly interested in candidates with experience or expertise in one or more of the following areas:
– Law (Charity and not-for-profit
– Fundraising Development
– Human Resources
– Strategic Planning
– Finance and Accounting
– Business Administration
– Media Relations and Marketing
– A strong commitment to Scarborough Arts’ Mission, Vision, and Values and a demonstrated passion for the arts
– Excellent communication and collaboration skills
– Professional experience in a relevant field
– Previous not-for-profit board experience is an asset
– Ability to devote the time necessary to perform the responsibilities of a Board member
- Please submit an application letter and your résumé/CV by October 16, 2017 via email to board (at) scarborougharts (dot) com with the subject “Call for Nominations”. Application letters and resumes can also be delivered in person to Scarborough Arts staff at the address below:Scarborough Arts
1859 Kingston Road Toronto, ON, M1N 1T3
- In the application letter please include your motivations for becoming a member of the Board of Directors of Scarborough Arts including your hopes for the arts communities and for our organization in Scarborough
- Applications will be reviewed by the Nominations Committee. Interviews will be scheduled from November 7 to 17, 2017.
- Successful candidates will be invited to stand for nomination by the membership at the Annual General Meeting at Scarborough Arts on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 .
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about the role and the nomination process, please contact Julie Witt, Chair of the Board, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOB TYPE: Volunteer